Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Birth Poem



My Beloved,
My sweet prince of the sea,
The rocky waves have settled
Finally.

My siren song did bring along your weary soul to see,
That here with me, upon the shore, new life becomes reality.



For in your eyes I knew,
That together we would brew,
A delicious sort of stew.
Ingredients to score here on this sacred shore.
A sailor with his eyes so blue.
A maiden with her sandals tattered.
Two whole hearts of deep red hue,
And seeds of love that must be scattered.
Mix together,
Add some heat,
Simmer slowly,
Let it steep...



And from the pot a star is born,
So as to never feel forlorn.
For as the day turns into night,
Forever we have guiding light.



Our tummies full, our souls delight,
We share in quite a seasoned sight.



Our burdens we share.
Our scars we do bare.
By sailing together,
We manage whatever,
And never shall we come untethered.



My love, My life...Our home is never weathered.
My Beloved,
My sweet prince of the sea...
This bond so great...Never not to be.


{Written for my husband in April of 2010}

Love,

Betsy

About Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment