Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sacred Pregnancy


Dear beautiful women,

I have been sweetly busy. Busy creating my dream space for my practice. It's been in my mind for ages, but as it goes, my vision needed deeds. And deeds did I do! I signed a new lease on a sacred space right in the heart of Durham, NC on January 1st of 2013. It is truly my home...my heart space...a safe space full of energy, light, and love. My sensationally supportive husband put his blood, sweat, and tears (literally) into painting and channeling my vision through his hands. From refinishing furniture to ragging the walls (making them look just like drying clay), my beloved loved me and believed in me through his work. My dear sister, with her baby on her back, also spent her precious time helping me age and "shabby chic" a needy and just right wooden cabinet. It was so nice reconnecting with her through hands on activity. And lets not forget my Mother, as she blessed the space from afar. She so willingly held and watched our daughter Kristina while we imagined, created, and finished...and Kristina also touched and loved and gently entered the space as it came to be. So with that said, I'm thrilled to be offering Birthing From Within classes, prenatal immersion classes, and Mothering in Awareness Postpartum Centering classes to the families in this beautiful community right out of my new, filled with love, from the bottom of my heart space. And I still get to move around providing placenta encapsulation and birth/postpartum doula support to our community as well, as both of these offerings call me to move wherever I am needed! I'm a gypsy at heart, so I gotta have a little of that! Wheww...what a blessing! You are a blessing!


And something new is coming...

I'm on a mission to create sacred space for soon-to-be, newly initiated, and seasoned mothers to come and sit together. Being together. Holding space. Crying. Breathing together. Listening. Whispering. Opening. Connecting. Indulging. Expanding. Sharing. And above all...loving each other through and above and below and beyond. Truly loving. There is no place for judgment here.

 

In light of my mission, I will be joining the Sacred Pregnancy movement! Come March 25th, my family and I will head down to Gore, Virginia for a retreat that will undoubtedly shift me, yet once again...shift us, yet once again. My journey into birth has truly become a journey into myself. Deep into my core...and my beautiful husband is excavating too! Digging into places and spaces that he didn't know existed, or wasn't until this point, ready to explore. 


In May of 2013 I will be offering up my first Sacred Pregnancy series. Durham will never be the same! I will never be the same.


Won't you join me in creating a tribe? A sisterhood? A space to be every bit of who you are? Loved in your light...loved in your darkness...loved through and above and below and beyond your hero's journey of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and motherhood!



I have a vision for something big here in Durham. It is still brewing and manifesting in my imagination. This article comes to mind when I think of the dilation of my dream! I'll keep you posted as my excavation continues...In the meantime, as my mentor Lanell Coultas always reminds me, go forth and spread love!


So from my heart to yours...may every ounce of you love every ounce of you.


In sisterhood,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment